PSC has the following employment opportunities available:
A Water/ Wastewater Technician is a skilled professional responsible for performing a wide range of tasks related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of water and Wastewater distribution systems. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the efficient and safe operation of these vital utilities.
The Shop Foreman for the Public Service Commission of Yazoo City is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair activities of the utility company's vehicle and equipment fleet. This role requires a highly skilled and organized individual with a strong background in automotive and equipment maintenance, as well as effective leadership and communication skills. The Shop Foreman will lead a team of technicians and mechanics, ensuring the reliability and safety of the company's assets while maintaining operational efficiency.
Director of IT and Digital Infrastructure
The Director of IT and Digital Infrastructure plays a critical role in overseeing and managing the information technology department of the organization. This position is responsible for leading a team of IT professionals, coordinating IT operations, and implementing technology solutions to support the company's overall objectives. The IT Manager ensures the smooth functioning of the organization's IT infrastructure, security, and network, as well as providing technical support and guidance to employees.
Warehouse/Asset Management Intern
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Warehouse/Asset Management Intern to join our team. As an intern, you will play a vital role in supporting our warehouse operations and ensuring efficient asset management. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Assist in receiving, inspecting, and organizing incoming inventory and assets.
- Perform accurate data entry and maintain inventory records using inventory management software.
- Conduct regular inventory audits and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Clean and organize warehouse, office files and assets.
- Collaborate with the team to optimize warehouse layout and storage space utilization.
- Prepare, sort and package items, ensuring proper labeling and documentation.
- Assist in conducting regular physical counts of inventory.
- Support asset tracking and management efforts, including recording, and updating asset information.
- Assist in identifying obsolete or damaged inventory and follow appropriate disposal procedures.
- Comply with all safety guidelines and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Currently pursuing a degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in using inventory management software or willingness to learn.
- Basic knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory control principles.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects as required.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
This internship position will be part-time for a duration of 1 – 3 months.
Apprentice Lineman / Lineman
Under general supervision, performs skilled work in construction, maintenance, and operation of energized or deenergized overhead and underground distribution, services, and street lighting. Employee is committed to achieving the highest goal of excellence of servicing our customers and working with fellow employees. Minimum of three years of experience. Graduation of apprentice lineman school preferred. Must hold at least Class B CDL.
Duties to include, among others:
- Firm understanding of accounting and recording journal entries
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Filing local, State, and Federal reports, including payroll and sales tax remittances
- Assisting in generating financial reports and supporting reports, schedules, and documents
- Use of Microsoft Access, Excel, and other software
- Associate in Accounting or Finance/Business desired
Some PSC Benefits:
- PSC Paid Employee Health Insurance
- PSC Paid Long Term Disability
- PSC Paid Life Insurance
- PERS Retirement
- Vacation/Sick Leave
- Training and Continued Education
- Dental, Vision, Cancer, etc. Available
Applications and resumes may be mailed to:
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 660
Yazoo City, MS 39194
Applications and resumes may also be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link below to access our online application.
Human Resources & Accounts Payable Specialist