Who do I contact for Grinder Pump Issues?

Customer owned Grinder Pumps are no longer serviced by PCSYC. You can find a reputable service technician in your area by following this link: Sewer Contractors - Better Business Bureau.

Can I set up bill reminders?

In your online account, you can also set up ALERTS and REMINDERS as shown on final page of the instructions.

Click here for instructions for using the portal.

Instructions to set up account to pay online

We have a new customer portal and payment method. To set up online, you will need your new account number and last bill amount. If you have not received your new account number, located on the new bill, call in for new account number.

What are your service charges?

New Connect Fee: $10.00

Transfer of Service Fee: $15.00

Checks/Payments returned from the bank: $25.00

Reconnect for Non-Payment

During Business hours: $30.00

Late Fees for non-payment by due date: Total balance due per service 3% charge

Tampering Fee for Electric/Water meters: $200.00

******Effective October 1st, 2018 There will be NO reconnects after hours.

*** Failure, neglect or refusal to pay any bill on or before the cut-off date, as notified, shall subject the customer, consumer or user of the services to the loss and discontinuance of the services without further notice. If any such service is lost or discontinued because of the nonpayment of any such statement, the service shall not be resumed until the bill or the statement is paid in full, together with any applicable fees.

Can I pay my bill online?

Yes, you can. Click here to access our online payment tool. Please note: it may take up to 72 hours to post to your account.

Who do I call for problems with garbage pick-up?

Garbage is handled through the City of Yazoo City. Public Service Commission only takes payments for garbage pick up for the City of Yazoo City. If you have issues with your garbage please call the City of Yazoo City or City Barn. City Barn can be reached by calling 662-746-5121.

How is my sewer charge calculated?

Effective October 1st, 2016

The sewer charge shall be 100% of the water charge. The maximum charge is $29.29 if the water is billed on the residential rate with one living unit being served by the meter.

What method of payments do we accept?

Public Service Commission of Yazoo City accepts cash, check, money orders and credit/debit cards. You can use your credit/debit card for a charge of 2.45% of the balance you are paying and electronic check for a fee of $1.00. PSC offers online payments, Kiosk payments, mail payments, IVR call in, PSC phone app and monthly bank draft. Please see the CSR’s at our Grand Avenue location if you would like to sign up for bank draft.

How much is my deposit?

Adopted by the Commission on March 29, 2000 to be effective April 1, 2000.

Residential – Electric $175.00

Residential/Mobile home – ALL Electric $175.00

Water – In City $30.00

Water – Outside City $ 60.00

Sewer – In City $30.00

Sewer – Outside City $60.00

$10.00 non-refundable Connect fee is applied to all deposits.

Commercial and Industrial Deposits will be two times the estimated highest bill and maybe paid in cash, check, letter of credit or surety bond.

*Any customer or consumer shall not be entitled to any service unless and until the such person makes a deposit in a form or the amounts above.

If half my lights are on, what should I do?

Check your breaker box.

Do you offer budget billing?

Budget billing is available to customers who have lived at their residence for a year or longer. You must have a good payment history to sign up for budget billing. You can sign up for budget billing in September and October only.